glibc fails to compile on Gentoo Linux
* Messages for package sys-libs/glibc-2.8_p20080602-r1:
* Sanity check to keep you from breaking your system:
* Downgrading glibc is not supported and a sure way to destruction
* ERROR: sys-libs/glibc-2.8_p20080602-r1 failed.
* Call stack:
* ebuild.sh, line 49: Called pkg_setup
* glibc-2.8_p20080602-r1.ebuild, line 228: Called die
* The specific snippet of code:
* die "aborting to save your system"
* The die message:
* aborting to save your system
* If you need support, post the topmost build error, and the call stack if relevant.
* A complete build log is located at '/var/tmp/portage/sys-libs/glibc-2.8_p20080602-r1/temp/build.log'.
* The ebuild environment file is located at '/var/tmp/portage/sys-libs/glibc-2.8_p20080602-r1/temp/die.env'.
Most likely you compiled glibc originally with ACCEPT_KEYWORDS set to "~amd64" or your architecture specific keyword and then while updating or recompilation you did not set ACCEPT_KEYWORDS again.