RealPlayer does not work in Firefox3 on a x86_64 Linux System.
The program 'realplay.bin' received an X Window System error.Specs:
This probably reflects a bug in the program.
The error was 'BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)'.
(Details: serial 3582 error_code 3 request_code 15 minor_code 0)
(Note to programmers: normally, X errors are reported asynchronously;
that is, you will receive the error a while after causing it.
To debug your program, run it with the --sync command line
option to change this behavior. You can then get a meaningful
backtrace from your debugger if you break on the gdk_x_error() function.)
OS: Linux (Gentoo)
Arch: amd64 (x84_64)
Software: Firefox 3.0.5, Reaplayer-184.108.40.2066-r2
- Go to Edit->Preferences->Applications.
- Select file format to be played back in RealPlayer
- Click on Action->Use Other->Enter /usr/bin/realplay
- Save changes.
- Edit /usr/bin/realplay, find the following line: (line 52)
$HELIX_LIBS/realplay.bin "$@"and change it to
$HELIX_LIBS/realplay.bin -n "$@"
- Go back to Firefox and play back the content.